Admissions: FIRST YEAR BDS, Session, 2023-24:
The following Admission Policy is formulated in compliance with the provisions of under clause (f) of sub section (2) of section 9 and sub section (2) of section 47 of the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council Act, 2022 (Act No. 4 of 2023), and Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023, for admission of students to Peshawar Dental College in First year BDS.
1. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
AS PER PAKISTAN MEDICAL & DENTAL COUNCIL RULES:
Following mandatory criteria of PM&DC will be strictly followed for admission in BDS program:
A. Pakistani Students
Have Passed MDCAT Examination.
Obtained a Higher Secondary School Certificate qualification ("HSSC”) or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan and having obtained sixty percent (60%) marks therein, or a higher percentage as may be notified by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council.
Passed the subjects of biology and chemistry. The student may opt to qualify either physics or mathematics in the examination of the Higher Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent 12th grade qualification recognized in Pakistan
B. FOREIGN / OVERSEAS QUOTA SEATS
As per PM&DC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023 Regulation (7) (b); No candidate shall be eligible for foreign quota seats in the public and private medical and dental institutions under sub regulations (a) unless, he holds a permanent foreign nationality or is an overseas (being a Pakistani citizen permanently resident in a foreign county) Pakistani, and who has studied and passed HSSC 12th grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and is a resident of foreign country at the time of applying for admission and possess a certificate from the institution last attended to this effect.
The mandatory requirement of MDCAT shall not apply to students seeking admission on a special program seat predefined exclusively for foreign students and on the seats reserved for overseas Pakistanis. Such students shall qualify sat-II with minimum score of 550 in each subject or a foreign MCAT examination or UCAT examination with 50% marks in the subjects as prescribed in Regulation 3 (c) of Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023.
Note: IBCC Equivalent Certificate must be presented by both Pakistani and Foreign candidates in case of any qualifications passed from a foreign examination body.
2. MERIT WEIGHTAGE - AS PER PAKISTAN MEDICAL & DENTAL COUNCIL CRITERIA:
- MDCAT/SAT II/Foreign MCAT/UCAT 50%
- HSSC or Equivalent 40%
- Matric/SSC or Equivalent 10%
3. MERIT LIST / SELECTION:
- Admissions will be made strictly on merit basis.
- In case more than one student is equal up to four decimals, the candidate older in age will be considered higher in merit;
- After the display of Final Merit List, if there is any vacant seat, next student on merit in the waiting
list will be offered admission against such vacant seat.
Note: Pakistan Medical & Dental Council Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023.
5. Admissions Process for Private Colleges
(14) A student when accepting admission to a college shall be under an obligation to disclose to the
college if a prior admission has been accepted by them to any other college, and such student shall
prior to accepting such later admission must in writing inform the prior college of cancellation of their
acceptance with a copy to the designated email of the Authority. Failure by astudent to cancel the
prior acceptance of admission shall render all admission offers of the student as void and the student
shall be ineligible for admission. All colleges shall ensure that they properly apprise and educate the
applicant students of this provision as part of their admissions policy, prospectus and at the time of
making an offer of admission.
4. ADMISSION PROCEDURE:
- The applications through online portal of the college shall be accepted for the scrutiny and
calculation of merit as per Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions, Curriculum
and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023.
- The applicants shall be responsible to provide the following documents by uploading to the College
website before the closing date:
- SSC / IBCC Certificate
- HSSC / IBCC Certificate (once available)
- MDCAT/SAT II/MCAT/UCAT result
- Domicile Certificate
- CNIC / Form ‘B’ of Applicant and CNIC of Father
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of Passport (foreign nationals), proof of permanent resident in foreign country (overseas
Pakistani) and Certificate from the institution last attended.
- It is the responsibility of all applicants to visit our website https://pdc.prime.edu.pk for updated
- Communication to the applicants will be strictly through college website and their cell number and Page 3 of 4 email provided by the applicants.
- All selected applicants and their parent/guardian, will be required to submit an affidavit on judicial stamp paper of Rs. 100/- duly attested by a notary, (specimen will be provided at the time of admission).
Admission Offer will be treated as provisional subject to verification of all original documents, medical fitness and fee deposit within the stipulated period.
- The students will be invited for the interviews, at Peshawar Dental College, which will be mandatory. Only those appearing in the interview and falling in the merit, will be issued an offer letter.
Note: Students are supposed to bring all their original Academic documents, MDCATand CNIC of Student and Father.
For further clarification (Eligibility for Admissions including foreign/overseas seats and Admission
Process etc), please see Chapter II, of Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admissions,
Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023.
PDC FEE POLICY 2023
PAYMENT OF COLLEGE FEE BY THE STUDENTS
- The selected applicant shall be bound to deposit fee within 3 (three) working days failing which the admission offer shall automatically stand withdrawn and next candidate on merit will be issued admission offer.
- The college has prescribed tuition fee of each year for the entire duration of program and shall not be enhanced during the entire duration a student remains in the program (unless revised by the PM&DC).
- No students shall be required to provide any form of security for payment of fee by a college.
- Fee shall be paid through Pay Order, or Fund Transfer and Cash may not be accepted by the College.
- A student shall have the right to pay tuition fee on a quarterly, six monthly or annual basis
to the college. A student paying the college on a six monthly basis in advance shall be
granted a two percent discount in the tuition fee and a student paying the college on an
annual basis in advance shall be granted a four percent discount in the tuition fee. All the
other students are obliged to pay each year quarterly fee at start of the academic year
followed by paying the remainder in three quarterly instalments before close of the
- All government taxes, University charges, regulatory body charges including PM&DC
annual registration will be charged to the student on actual basis subject to change by
the concerned authority from time to time. To claim income tax waiver, the
parent/guardian/financer of the student will be liable to provide evidence, latest Income
Tax Return as well as other related required under Tax Laws.
- If a student after having obtained admission seeks either to leave the Programme / college or transfer to other college in the middle of the academic session, the college shall have the right to adjust the tuition fee already paid on pro rata basis along with penalty up to 10% of Total Annual Fee. However, no penalty shall be imposed upon a student who seeks to leave the program before the closing date of admission in the private medical/dental colleges as notified by the Council.
- The students opting to pay annual fee in quarterly instalments will be obliged to pay the quarterly instalment by the due date. If a student fails to deposit the fee / dues within the stipulated period, they will have to pay the late fee charges as below:
- Rs 1,000 per day for the 1st 15 days’ delay
- Rs 2,000 per day from 16th day to 30th day of the month
- After expiry of 30 days of the due date for payment of fee/other dues, the Principal is empowered to debar the student from classes, ban to mark attendance and avail any sort of college facilities including library as well as appearing in the examinations. Meanwhile, the Principal will initiate disciplinary proceedings against the defaulter by serving notice of removal from the college to the defaulting student and guardian. After completing all formalities including providing opportunity of being heard, final outcome to be communicated duly endorsed to all concerned departments and student will be liable to be expelled in light of relevant clauses of Admission Regulation 2023-24.
- A detained student shall be charged tuition fee in proportion to the number of failed subjects of that professional examination.
- The name of the student expelled because of default in payment of tuition fee shall be notified to the Council within one week and the student’s registration with the Council shall be cancelled permanently. A student expelled shall not be eligible to seek admission to any other Medical or Dental college for a period of one year.
- College has the right to take Takaful coverage to minimize any future loss of income at its own expense without charging expense to the students.